Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Four days of moving (spelling fixed hooray) stuff and I still haven't tidied it all up!

We started re-arranging the house on Saturday. Figuring that as we now have a proper office we don't two office rooms in the house. Having spent the last 8 months promising the children completely separate bedrooms (their old ones were adjoining and they only ever slept in one room despite the fact that there were at least 4 beds up there), we finally got round to taking some action.

Saturday involved a lot of heavy lifting as all the office cupboards got moved downstairs. Sunday saw the beds being moved and Monday and Tuesday were mainly devoted to sorting things. My love of stationery and stuff has been revealed. Things that had been in boxes and drawers for years had to be opened and re-sorted. I could easily open a stationery shop with all the things I've accumulated - or I would do if I didn't like it all so much.

I think I still have at least two more days to go to sort out the kids' stuff. Then there is the garage....and then Ebay. I have amassed an incredible quantity of packaging materials in anticipation of selling off surplus stuff. So much that it is taking up half a shed on its own. I did spend half an hour sorting it, so it is now boxed according to type.

To prove how much this is all appreciated the kids had moved a sleeping bag into Elinor's new room tonight as George was going to sleep on the floor. They have only been apart for one night. I expect they'll get used to it soon.

No comments: