Tuesday, September 05, 2006


The odd image on the left is an ultrasound of a bladder polyp.

I was checking out the prognosis (as you do) because my mum seems to have developed one of these.

As a regular warfarin user it turns out this little thing got detected a lot earlier than it would normally have done. The trouble now is that nobody really likes to operate on people who take warfarin (aka rat poison like substance that can cause excessive bleeding, but also helps to thin the blood if you are prone to getting blood clots).

This is not 'the' polyp, the NHS only give you copies of certain scans and I don't think they do one of your bladder polyp to take away yet. I am hoping that the real one is much smaller. This will also be my mum's second operation in 6 weeks if they continue to run according to the current plan.

No comments: