Friday, September 01, 2006

Just one last thing

Just discovered that the new version of a certain well known software program is not entirely compatible with an earlier version. Ironic considering the program is for file sharing...hmmm The rest of the beta version of wotsit 2007 looks promising so far.

My payroll program refuses to find the backup file...always does..always will. It does this every tax year end when I run the updates, so I'm not particularly surprised. I have paper files around the place to compensate for this known issue. Not that they are necessarily in order, but they are in the files. I only really swear at the computer when I need the paperwork for tax returns and the software plays up as well.

Fortunately the current tax year is on different software and on a different computer. The new software is much more user friendly, and about half the price AND it does multiple companies.

Still I've promised myself that this is the last thing I will update on my newly rebuilt laptop for the moment, as it is now 1.30am and all the chocolate has worn off! Well probably worn 'on' in a more permanent way by now.

No comments: