Thursday, August 24, 2006

Join the club

Turns out I have joined a wine club. Funny how that happens when you use a discount voucher and don't quite read the small print. I guess that companies are now wise to women seeking a bargain and stick all sorts of things in the small print.

I think something similar happened with the mobile phone insurance, at least I think that is what the £4.99 direct debit is for. I know I should check it/cancel it, but it is getting round to DOING something that is the problem. After all I won't go bankrupt because of £4.99 a month will I? OK I'll do it....this weekend, probably.

Anyway I got the friendly letter from the wine club today telling me that I am about to receive my mixed case (lucky me) unless I DO SOMETHING to cancel it. So off I go onto the website to cancel the thing I didn't think I joined in the first place. BUT...SHOCK...the other half thinks it looks like a good deal. Which I think is approval not to cancel the wine.

I'll give it a go, just this once, fully aware of the fact that once these things start they are very hard to cancel. Just becuase cancelling involves making an effort, how to you think book clubs suck you in.

I tell you these sales guys have totally cracked the purchasing psychology thing. Wish I was as good at selling stuff.

No comments: