Saturday, March 17, 2007

I've finally discovered the point of ironing

For as long as I can remember ironing has been a way of reinforcing creases. Thanks to my new 'steam generator' iron I think I just removed all the creases from a garment!!! My linen clothing will now be crease free, until I get in the car, sit down or bend, at which point all the creases will reappear.

Seriously I don't like ironing. I have tried not to wear anything that needs ironing for the past 8 years (the advent of children). But our old steam iron stopped working and Jason spent £5 on a new one from Tesco's. As a result the minority of my clothes that do need ironing became completely unwearable as even I won't go out in massively crumpled clothing. Alas I am not the shape for lycra, so something had to be done.

The new iron has an extra kettle like attachment so I can just steam away all those stubborn creases in about a third of the time it used to take me to iron a basket of clothes. Never thought I'd be happy doing the ironing. I don't think this 'happy to iron' feeling will last long, but it is worth noting just for the shock factor.

2 comments:

*lynne* said...

hi!

[am dropping by via the NeoWorx's Little Neo directory]

I hear ya about the no-to-ironing thing! I used to cough up $$ and drop my clean-and-folded-but-unironed work pants & shirts/blouses at the local laundry place which provided ironing services.

Then my parents got hold of the steam gadget thingy they usually have in stores, to un-crease clothes that are on display. That worked wonders :-)

Cheers!
*lynne*

Jenny said...

Hi there Lynne, thanks for dropping by :-)